Articles By Topic
By Topic: The Credit Crisis
From Vol. 1 No.3 (Mar. 17, 2008)
The President’s Working Group on Financial Markets Issues Policy Statement on Financial Market Developments
- President’s Working Group on Financial Markets released a set of comprehensive recommendations designed to stabilize the current turmoil in the financial markets, including the following key recommendations:
- Reform of the mortgage origination process.
- Improve investors’ contribution to market discipline.
- Reform the credit rating processes and practices regarding structured credit and other securitized credit products.
- Strengthen global financial institutions’ risk management practices.
- Enhance prudential regulatory policies.
- Enhance the OTC derivatives market infrastructure.