Please join the Hedge Fund Law Report on Thursday, October 3, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. EDT for a complimentary webinar, entitled “Focus on Private Funds: A Fireside Chat With SEC Commissioner Hester M. Peirce.”
During the program, Robin L. Barton, Senior Reporter for the Hedge Fund Law Report, and Commissioner Peirce will discuss topics of interest to private fund managers, including:
- The Interpretation Regarding Standard of Conduct for Investment Advisers: Does the Interpretation say anything new about fiduciary duty? How does an adviser’s fiduciary duty to a retail client differ from its duty to a private fund?
- The Concept Release on Harmonization of Securities Offering Exemptions: Why does the SEC feel that non-accredited or retail investors want access to private funds? Conversely, does the SEC believe that private funds are seeking access to this source of capital?
- Chief Compliance Officers and Individual Accountability: Given the SEC’s focus on individual accountability, should the CCOs of private fund managers be concerned about being targeted in enforcement actions?
- The Modern Asset Management Industry: How is the SEC adapting to the modern asset management industry, particularly when applying outdated rules, such as the custody and advertising rules? Does the SEC have a plan to accommodate the use of electronic communications apps that do not allow communications to be captured and retained?
- Regulator v. Enforcer: What role should enforcement play in the SEC’s regulation of securities in general and the private funds industry specifically?
Commissioner Peirce will also answer attendees’ questions during a Q&A session at the end of the webinar.
Registration for the webinar is available here.